1. What is the PFRD fire service rating?
The ISO rating in the city is 4 and the rural areas is 6. Anything within 1000' of a hydrant is considered City. Anything within 5 road miles is considered rural. Anything outside of 5 road miles, the ISO rating is a 10.
2. How many fire calls does the Princeton Fire & Rescue Dept. respond too?
In 2017, we responded to 415 calls.
3. Can I get a home fire inspection?
Yes. Call the fire station and leave a message. Some one will call you back and help arrange an inspection.
4. Can I get help installing a smoke detector?
Yes. Call the fire station and leave a message with your name and phone number. Someone will call you back and help make the arrangements.
5. Why do firefighters break windows and cut holes in roofs?
It helps to let the smoke and heat out of the house and makes it safer for the firefighters when they enter the structure. This is done at a certain time to help control the fire.
6. Is firefighting a male only profession?
No. We always encourage females to apply.
7. Can I have a recreational fire in my yard? Do I need a permit?
Yes, you can have a recreational fire. You do not need a permit. There are some rules that apply. The fire must not be larger than 36 inches in diameter and no higher than two feet. It is illegal to burn rubbish in a recreational fire. An adult over 18 years of age must attend the fire at all times.
8. Can I schedule a tour of the fire station?
Yes. We are always happy to give tours of the fire station and the apparatus. Please call the fire station and leave a message and someone will call you back to make arrangements.
9. Do you have poles at the station?
No. We do not have poles in the station.
10. Do you keep Dalmatian dogs at the fire station?
No. Dalmatians were used when horse drawn fire trucks were used. The Dalmatians were used to keep the roads clear from other dogs that would chase the horses.
11. What can I do to help the fire dept.?
Keep the fire hydrants near your home clear of snow and debris. Practice your family escape plan. Meet your neighbor and help them out if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Princeton Fire & Rescue Department
Valentines Day Flower Delivery with Coborns:
Princeton Community Business Expo:
March 3rd. Princeton Middle School
Nite to Unite
August 7th. Rainbow Park, Mark Park, and Wyanett
Maintenance Shop. 6pm till 8pm.
Mille Lacs County Fair
August 9th - 13th. Mille Lacs Co. Fairgrounds
Public Safety Day
September 8th. Princeton Public Safety Building
10am - 2pm
Fire Prevention Week
October 8th - 12th